Feeling Good

Hello all

An exceedingly extraordinary and incredible thing happened to me today; I was happy.

Not to be so horribly dramatic about the whole thing, mind you, but that is the bare truth. To shamelessly and idiotically paraphrase one of my own stories; for the first time, in a very long time, I was happy.

This was only a few moments ago actually, just after talking with my dear friend Wenonah---whose company I can tell you, gave me just as much joy as what I am about to tell---I started to watch a performance by Stephen Fry, one of my favorite comedians and human beings in the world, really. It was an event for his then new book "More Fool Me" (a book I now mean to buy whenever I next get the chance) and it had to be one of the greatest things I have ever seen in my life. I can't dress it up in any fancy words or long sentences other than that. This performance, which you can find on Netflix right now under the afore mentioned title, was the most uplifting, funny, insightful and warm performances I've ever seen.

There were moments in this where I was at once crying from the sadness and nihilism of his memories, and then laughing hysterically at some offhanded joke or memory about the Prince of Wales. He tells a very touching and relate able story about the first time he read Oscar Wilde and so, so much more. If there is one thing that you should do at any time hereafter, it should be to watch this show.

This has given me the gift of a quick "surcease of sorrow" as a better writer would put it, and I hope you might feel the same.

Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Great thing about 40k

Recommended Reading

Talent and Why We Bought a Lie.