Thoughts and an Apology

I like to think that the people that read my blog are a pack of roving Steppenwolves, wandering aimlessly through a world that is far too strict and set in its ways to really take notice of these strange, lonely people. I like to think that some of you are writers and artists yourselves, come to gloat or share in my strangeness for a while. That you are languid sleepers wandering into my home in a torpor, come to ask advice and simply enjoy yourselves---at least, that's what I hope it's like. I don't want this to be about me (even though it's my blog...) for some reason I could never have something like that. I would much rather it be a place where you can share and talk and feel free to criticize me, to share your work, your feelings and thoughts just as I do. I want it to be that. I want it to be that all you strange wanderers into the dark and weird can have a place where for a moment you can share in something that perhaps you wouldn't be able to before.

I've always been a lonely person. And, even though the internet has found me a few very good friends, it has also been a place of deep longing and fear for me all my life. I hate the idea of a self absorbed artist sitting at his computer, writing this and that and expecting everyone to give a flying fuck. Since I started this blog I wanted it to be a place where people can be free and talk and read about my occasional bouts of insanity.

I'm sure some of you will remember the short time that I used this blog as a kind of short story magazine. I loved doing that. I loved reading through the work people sent me, talking with them and then publishing them on my blog. It never got to the point where I was doing a lot of stories, much to my chagrin, but I still loved it. Then, as I was working on submissions for the second issue, I got self concerned and paranoid and so deleted everything to do with the makeshift magazine. For that I apologize to all my readers, all the contributors and everyone who sent me a submission. I'm very, very sorry for that. I would love to try it again, and have been thinking up new things for it.

I don't really have anything else to say, really. So, as usual, I guess this is where I stop. Please let me know if you're interested in giving the magazine thing another try, and if not, again, I'm sorry. 

Popular posts from this blog

Great thing about 40k

Tales From Grimshaw - The Dying Man & the Guest. Part 1