Food

Something that really annoys me is this idea that some vegan and vegetarians that they are in some way superior to those that eat meat. I know that most people don't hold this view but it is one that I encounter again and again. I hear the same sentiments expressed by these people over and over as well. "Well, you know, I don't eat anything that's alive." or "I'd never eat anything that breathes!" as they scarf down every plant imaginable.

The thing with eating is, it always creates death. No matter what you eat, you're killing and then consuming something. whether that thing be a pig/cow/fish or a head of lettuce/beat/carrot etc. Just because plants aren't fuzzy and warm and they don't have eyes doesn't mean they aren't alive. Studies have shown that plants have feelings, they might be able to feel pain. Interestingly plants produce oxygen while all animals, including us, only produce waste and carbon dioxide.

Just a reminder, I guess.

Popular posts from this blog

Great thing about 40k

Tales From Grimshaw - The Dying Man & the Guest. Part 1

Thoughts and an Apology